Monday, June 15, 2009

Belfast day 2



Yesterday went well also, I shot my highest score for 36 arrows at 70m this season. I finished well in the ranking round and seeded in 1st place, 15 points ahead the second seed. I knew in the back of my head that I only had to win my first match to win the overall competition. This thought did not help in the matches. The first match went find but I messed up the gold medal match because i knew i had already won the two day event. In the end Tara beat me by 2 points because i shot a six. I was still happy though, in the end i brought home 4 medals and the trophy so it was a good weekends shooting.

The weather during the shoot yesterday was a bit mental. The morning was really warm, I had suncream on before i had even left the house. Then later on there was a shower, followed by more sunshine. Next came a huge thunder and lightning storm, which caused the matches to be delayed by an hour. And then it poured rain during the award presentations.


There was certainly a lot of static electricity in the air :)




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment