Thursday, June 11, 2009

Belfast

Euronations 2008, from NI Archery



I saw the shooting list for the Premier Event in Belfast last night. It's not great. The overall entry is low, there are only 5 women's compound shooting on Saturday, so I will only have a maximum of 3 matches. It's a bit disappointing. There are also very few international archers attending. It seems the hype about this shoot was all false. Oh well, I am still going to go out and shoot my best. The target lists are available at NIAS.

I also got word today that i have been officially selected to shoot at the Senior Euronation again this year. Its going to be Scotland on the first weekend in July.

In other news, we managed to get a cancellation for my cars N.C.T. yesterday, so we were busy all day fixing up as much as we could. The earliest appointment we could get bore this anywhere was in September. We replaced the brake pads, the odd bulb and gave it a wash. We had an idea that there was a problem with the exhaust, but we were keeping our fingers crossed that it would pass. Unfortunately Marco failed :( And he developed a fault with the indicator relay on the way home too. So today was spent fixing up the car again. In order to fix the indicator the steering wheel had to be removes, this was not an easy job. Dad and myself spent nearly 5 hours trying to do it but in the end we surrendered and I drove it to a mechanic in Trim who fixed it in 20 minuets for me :)

Because the car need to do a retest using the test centre equipment, technically we need an appointment for the test. But I decided to chance my arm and bring the car to the centre and see if they would test it without an appointment. And with a bit of persuasion I got a test within 10 minutes of arriving :D Marco passed with flying colours. I am delighted, I can now drive the car without worrying about getting 5 penalty points if i am stopped at a Garda check point.

1 comment:

  1. Go Marco, you trouper!

    Blah about the lack of competition in Belfast, but yea on the Senior Euronations.

    ReplyDelete